Link a job posting to your website or an online location
For this tutorial, we will show you how to direct applicants to your job posting via a hyperlink. Each job you create is assigned a unique hyperlink that can be added to your company's website, Facebook page or to an email. Providing this hyperlink is necessary so that potential applicants can see your job posting and then respond as needed.
For this lesson, we will use the hypothetical forklift operator job we created earlier in Step 01: Create a Job Posting.
About the Recruitment URL:
- Each URL consists of your company's recruitment data location, followed by any number of parameters that control the job display. For example:
- Click here for detailed information on the URL.
You can obtain and post the URL using the method(s) described in the following steps:
NOTE: Click on the images below to view them at full size
Step A: Copy the URL to the Clipboard:
- From the Recruitment tab, choose the Recruitment - Job Postings menu command. This opens the Job Postings screen where you can setup the jobs that are available at your company.
Job Postings Help Screen...
- When the Job Postings screen appears, move to the Job Posting URL column. The text in the cell represents the Internet address where the current job posting can be viewed.
Fig. 01: The Job Posting URL contains information that will point applicants to a specific job listing
- Choose the Copy to Clipboard button. This action copies the full text of the URL to your computer's virtual clipboard (i.e. your computer's memory). A message appears indicating that the URL text has been copied.
Note: You can also copy the text to the clipboard by selecting the URL text in its entirety, and then pressing <Ctrl>+<C> on your keyboard.
The URL text will remain stored in your computer clipboard until you "copy" some other text or item, or until you shut down or restart your computer. Now you can move to Step B and "paste" the URL text into a suitable location on your company website.
Fig. 02: The Job Posting URL contains information that will point applicants to a specific job listing
Step B - Add the URL to your Company Website:
Note: This step will require that you have editing privileges for your company website. If you do not have this access, please arrange with a technical representative at your company to perform the following actions.
- Add an appropriate line of text or a button to the Employment or Careers page of your website. For example: "Click here to view available jobs with our company".
- Create a hyperlink for the text or button and then "paste" the link text that you copied to the clipboard earlier.
The example below shows both a sample line of text and a button that has a recruitment hyperlink applied. when clicked, the hyperlink will direct applicants to the corresponding job posting on your recruitment website.
Fig. 03: Create a button or line of text on your website and then apply the hyperlink.
Step C - Add the URL to your Facebook page:
- Open your company's Facebook page.
- Create a new post about the available job(s) and paste the link text that you copied to the clipboard earlier.
Fig. 04: Include the job recruitment link in a Facebook post.
Step D - Include the URL in an Email Message:
- Open your email program.
- Create a new message about the available job(s) and then paste the link text that you copied to the clipboard earlier.
Fig. 05: Include the job recruitment link in an email message.
This completes the final step of adding a job posting.
You are now ready to move to the next step where you can learn how to review and manage job applicants.
View the Next Step: Sort Applicants Based on their Score
Posting a Job:
Manage Job Applicants: