Setup Payroll (Employer Tab)
This tutorial will show you how to enter basic information about personnel in your organization who are designated as contacts for your payroll. These people may be contacted if eNETEmployer Services has any questions or concerns regarding your company's use of the eNETEmployer service.
This step is for multiple payrolls only: When you sign up with eNETEmployer Services, your initial account is provided with the first payroll setup and ready to use. The following step should only be used if you are creating a new payroll, over and above your original payroll.
NOTE: Click on the images below to view them at full size
To setup a new payroll:
- Click on the Employer tab and then choose the Payroll menu to display the various options.
Fig. 01: The Setup Payroll command is located under the Employer tab's Payroll menu.
- Choose the Payroll - Setup Payroll menu command to open the Setup Payroll screen. This screen is used to define personnel in your organization who may be contacted if we have any questions or concerns regarding your payroll.
Setup Payroll Help page...
Note: You will notice that at least one other payroll already exists in the table. Typically, this will be the initial payroll that was setup for you by eNETEmployer Services when you signed up for the service.
- Select the New button to add a new payroll row into the table. The row appears with its cells ready for editing.
Fig. 02: A new payroll row is added to the table.
- Edit the various cells as they relate to your new payroll (press <F1> to use the Online Help system if you need to look up a definition for the various cells).
- Once your data is complete, select the Save icon (the check mark icon at the left side of the row). This accepts the changes and the Edit Mode icons are removed to indicate that the entire row has been saved. You can also choose the Save button from the Button Bar above the table.
Example: In the example below, our company's payroll administrator (Pat) will be contacted if there are any questions about the payroll.
Fig. 03: A second payroll is complete.
- Now that the new payroll has added, you must perform one more action in order to enable it for use.
- Choose the Open button for the new payroll's row. When the message appears prompting you to confirm your selection, choose Yes to continue. You are immediately directed to the Payroll tab's Calculations screen where you will see the the new payroll is ready to be used.
Example: In Fig. 04 below, we see that the new payroll is at Period "0" (zero) and is set to the first pay sequence.
Fig. 04: The second payroll is enabled and ready for use.
This completes the tutorial on adding additional payrolls.