Create an HR Leave
This tutorial will show you how to create HR leave types - records that track all types of employee leaves such as vacation, medical, parental, bereavement, and much more.
NOTE: Click on the images below to view them at full size
To Add a Leave Type:
- Click on the HR tab and then choose the Employer HR menu to display the various options.
Fig. 01: The Leaves command under the HR tab's Employer menu.
- Choose the Leaves menu command. This opens the Leaves screen that is used to define employee leave types.
Leaves Help page...
- Choose the New button to insert a blank leave row in the table.
- Use the Name cell to enter a descriptive name for the leave type and then move to the Description cell and enter a brief description for the leave.
Example: In Fig. 02 below, we have created an leave type entitled "Vacation". This leave type can be applied to all employees who take time off for their holidays.
Fig. 02: The Name and Description cells completed.
- Move to the Details cell and click on the Enter hyperlink. This opens a window that allows you to enter detailed information about the leave.
- Enter the leave type's details as needed. You can use the formatting bar to change the font size, color, etc. You can also paste content into the window from another program (word processor, email, etc.).
Example: In Fig. 03 below, we have entered a basic "template" form that can be filled in each time an employee requests a work leave.
Fig. 03: The completed Details window.
- When the leave details are complete, choose the Save button to close the popup window. This returns you to the main screen where the cell's original hyperlink has been replaced with the word "Edit" to indicate that you can perform further changes to the details when needed.
- Select the Documents button to open a window where you can attach documents and files that pertain to the current leave type. This can include PDFs, word processing documents, spreadsheets and images.
Fig. 04: The Documents window.
- When the Documents window appears, select the "+" (plus sign) icon to display the Open dialog box, and then use this window to navigate to the location of the document(s) that you wish to add.
Example: In our example below, we see several documents that relate to our leave type.
Fig. 05: Choose one or more documents to be added to this leave type.
- Select one or more documents as needed, and then choose the Open button. This adds the selected document(s) to the eNETEmployer Documents window.
Fig. 06: We have chosen three supporting documents for this leave type.
- Select the Close button to exit the Documents window and return to the Leaves screen.
- Choose the Save icon (the Check Mark icon at the left side of the row) to accept your changes. This action saves the changes for the row and takes you out of Edit Mode.
- Repeat the preceding steps to enter additional leave types to support your company's HR needs.
Example: In Fig. 07 below, we have created a total of five leave types that can be assigned to our employees as needed.
Fig. 07: We have created five leave types in total.
This completes the tutorial on adding HR leave types.
To learn how to assign these leave types to your individual employees, refer to the Scheduling Employee Leaves tutorial.