Entering Your Company's Location Information
This tutorial will show you how to enter information about multiple company locations. This feature is useful if your business operates at more than one geographical location.
NOTE: Click on the images below to view them at full size
To enter company location information:
- Click on the Employer tab and then choose the Company menu to display the various options.
Fig. 01: The Locations command is located under the Employer tab's Company menu.
- Choose the Locations menu command to open the Locations screen. This screen is used to define information regarding multiple business locations.
Locations Help page...
Fig. 02: The Locations screen.
- Select the New button to add a new location row into the table. The row appears with its cells ready for editing.
Fig. 03: A new row is added to the Locations screen.
- Edit the various cells as they relate to your payroll (press <F1> to use the Online Help system if you need to look up a definition for the various cells).
- Once your data is complete, select the Save icon (the check mark icon at the left side of the row). This accepts the changes and the Edit Mode icons are removed to indicate that the entire row has been saved. You can also choose the Save button from the Button Bar above the table.
- If you require more than one location, choose the New button as needed to insert additional location rows (remembering to save each row's information once complete).
Example: In the example below, we have added two locations for our sample company.
Fig. 04: The Locations screen with two locations defined.
This completes the tutorial on entering your company's location information.
Note: If you are working through the payroll setup process in order, you will need to continue through the Company menu to finish entering the data that is required for your new company.