Add an HR Training Course
This tutorial will show you how to add pre-formatted training courses that can be assigned to your employees as part of their onboarding.
NOTE: Click on the images below to view them at full size
To Add a Training Course:
- Click on the HR tab and then choose the Employer HR menu to display the various options.
Fig. 01: The Training - Courses command under the HR tab's Employer menu.
- Choose the Training - Courses menu command. This opens the HR Training Courses screen where you can work with the pre-formatted course that are provided with the HR module.
HR Training Courses Help page...
- When the HR Training Courses screen appears, select the drop-down list immediately to the right of the New button. This displays a list of the pre-formatted training course that are provided with your eNETEmployer account.
Fig. 02: The Name and Description cells completed.
A wide variety of topics are covered including employee improvement, workplace safety, and equipment usage and task-based lessons. For this tutorial, we will work with the Back and Spine Safety course.
- Choose the New button to insert the Back and Spine Safety course row in the table.
- Use the Name cell to modify the descriptive name for the course if desired.
- Do not change the data for the URL and Result URL cells. These items are preset, and must remain as shown so that your employees will be directed to the correct training course and employee results pages while they interact with the course.
Example: In Fig. 03 below, we have added the Back and Spine Safety course. This course can be assigned to all employees who work in a position where they may be prone to a back-related injury.
Fig. 03: The course row is added.
- If you wish to provide your employees with a link to the quiz answers after they submit their quiz, move to the Show Result cell and place a check in the box. This can be beneficial for some courses, as it will help the employee know which questions they answered incorrectly and the reason for the incorrect response.
- Move to the Details cell and click on the Enter hyperlink. This opens a window that allows you to enter a detailed description for the course. Although these courses are pre-formatted, you may wish to customize the description with your company's logo or other branding.
- Enter the course's details as needed. You can use the formatting bar to change the font size, color, etc. You can also paste content into the window from another program (word processor, email, etc.).
Example: In Fig. 04 below, we have copied the text from our live course's web page.
Fig. 04: The completed Details window.
- Move to the Passing Score cell and enter the value that the student needs to achieve on order to successfully pass the course. If the student does not achieve this value, they will fail the course and the HR administrator will receive an email that shows the failing score along wit the questions that the student answered incorrectly.
- When the course details are complete, choose the Save button to close the popup window. This returns you to the main screen where the cell's original hyperlink has been replaced with the word "Edit" to indicate that you can perform further changes to the details when needed.
- Select the Documents button to open a window where you can attach documents and files that pertain to the current course. This can include PDFs, word processing documents, spreadsheets and images.
Fig. 05: The Documents window.
- When the Documents window appears, select the "+" (plus sign) icon to display the Open dialog box, and then use this window to navigate to the location of the document(s) that you wish to add.
Example: In our example below, we see several documents that relate to our course.
Fig. 06: Choose one or more documents to be added to this course.
- Select one or more documents as needed, and then choose the Open button. This adds the selected document(s) to the eNETEmployer Documents window.
Fig. 07: We have chosen three supporting documents for this course.
- Select the Close button to exit the Documents window and return to the HR Training Courses screen.
- Choose the Save icon (the Check Mark icon at the left side of the row) to accept your changes. This action saves the changes for the row and takes you out of Edit Mode.
- Repeat the preceding steps to enter additional courses to support your company's HR needs.
Example: In Fig. 08 below, we have added four courses that can be assigned to our employees as needed.
Fig. 08: We have added four courses in total.
This completes the tutorial on adding HR training courses.
To learn how to assign these training courses to your individual employees, refer to the Assigning Training Courses tutorial.